Thursday, February 26, 2015

While the cat's away...........

.......the mice will play.  And this mouse has been playing!

Juanita is enjoying day three of her quilters retreat in Gold Beach while I keep the home fires burning.  I decided that staying out of the public eye was not for me and have avoided becoming an old recluse in my little box at the RV park.

So, with cameras in one hand and two dog leashes in another, I have become a rather common sight around Port Orford.  And, until today, the weather has cooperated quite nicely with warm sunny days and very little wind.

After about six hours of work on the computer, I documented one of my local journeys on You Tube. The effort wasn't problem free, however, with one Beagle going left behind me and another going to the right in front of me and, in the process, wrapping my legs with two leashes while I tried to record the hike.





Port Orford Heads State Park is located on the headlands just west of downtown.  The small park has several miles of well maintained trails with a good number of spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. The Port Orford Lifeboat Station Museum and Interpretive Center is also located on the property.  It is closed in winter but opens again in April.

I enjoyed the quiet walk in the park yesterday and especially appreciated the fact that I wasn't on public display when my two loyal hounds took me to the ground when I wasn't paying attention to their twisting and turning.

Juanita will be ready for pick up in Gold Beach late this afternoon and we will celebrate her return to the pack with a dinner at Sunset Family Pizza before returning to Port Orford.  She has a just completed a quilt to show of in a future blog entry....................

5 comments:

  1. It looks like the State Park is having a mole convention or were those dark mounds something else?

    Please be careful on the road.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rex....locals call them voles...I call them gophers, but they are little critters that make numerous piles of dirt in nice lawns regardless. People around here are loathe to remove them by lethal means, so they continue to ruin big expanses of lawn. Go figure.

      Always enjoy hearing from you....

      Delete
  2. Is there a mole convention at the State Park?

    Please be careful on the road.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  3. recluse- I know you better than that. More like trouble maker. You have to watch them wild dogs or you will break something. We are not getting any younger you know!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Larry,

      Those two crazy critters took me to the ground twice during the video session. I am still trying to recover.....

      Delete